Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Windows XP Style Components

Is it possible to use windows xp style components (buttons, progress
bar...) in vba forms? and if so, where do i find them?

thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

when you insert=userform or work on an existing userform in the VBE, you
should see the control toolbox toolbar with the controls available. If you
have a userform open and don't see it, in the commandbars at the top, click
on the crossed hammer and wrench icon.

Also, under the tools menu, there is an additional controls option.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it possible to use windows xp style components (buttons, progress
bar...) in vba forms? and if so, where do i find them?

thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can insert the components, but they have the windows 2000 style, not
the windows xp style. Is there anything I can do to change that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not aware of a method to do that, but I have to admit I wasn't aware
there was a difference.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I can insert the components, but they have the windows 2000 style, not
the windows xp style. Is there anything I can do to change that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can get XP styles for some of the ComCtl32 components if you
create an Excel.exe.manifest file. Here's a tutorial:
http://www.xcelfiles.com/ProgressBarXP.html

HTH,

Nick Hebb
BreezeTree Software