Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro with paste special returns error

Perhaps I'm just stupid today - this seems like it should be simple
enough, but nothing has worked so far. Can anyone tell me what I
missing?

On worksheet one I have run a macro that hides rows, selects a range
and copies visible cells to the clipboard.

On worksheet two I am trying to run a recorded macro that does a paste
special, values and transpose. The recorded macro does not work, I've
tried a number of variations (even changed my security level) and
nothing is getting me any closer.

Here's the code for the macro

test7 Macro
' Macro recorded 3/22/2007 by afox
'
'
Windows("Daily News Column to pages.xls").Activate
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=True

End Sub

here's the result when I run it:

run-time error 1004

"Paste special method of range class failed"

I would appreciate any help, or even just a clue to point me in the
right direction.

Thanks in advance

Andy