Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Merged Cells: Any way to backtrack?

If somebody sends me a worksheet that contains merged cells, Is there any way
for me to programmatically determine what the original component cells were?
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pete,

You could try something like the following:

Sub AAA()
Dim MergeCell As Range
Dim OrigCells As Range
Set MergeCell = Range("A3")
With MergeCell.MergeArea
Set OrigCells = .Resize(.Rows.Count, .Columns.Count)
End With
Debug.Print OrigCells.Address

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on the web site)

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
If somebody sends me a worksheet that contains merged cells, Is there any
way
for me to programmatically determine what the original component cells
were?
--
PeteCresswell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Per Chip Pearson:
You could try something like the following:

Bingo!

Thanks.
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip,

Why not just

Sub AAA()
Debug.print Range("A3").MergeArea.Address
End Sub

Just curious.

Tom Ogilvy

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just

Sub AAA()
Debug.print Range("A3").MergeArea.Address
End Sub

Absolutely no reason whatsoever. That is definitely a better option.