Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Excel template from VBA - Virus scanner problem.

I am developing an application using MS Access. Within the
application, users can click a button to create a new Excel workbook
from a stored template.

It works fine on my system (with Avast Anti-virus) but not on my
customer's systems (with Norton Anti-virus). It gives the message "The
file cannot be opened because your virus scanner has detected a
problem with the file".

For obvious reasons, the customer is reluctant to reduce their level
of virus protection just for one application (Excel files can be
opened directly by the user, but not programatically from my
application).

Any help appreciated. Thanks.