Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Stopping calculation on workbook open

Hi,

I have put the following code in both the Sub Auto_Open() and Private
Sub Workbook_Open() procedures
Dim ws As Worksheet
ws.EnableCalculation = False
Next ws
However, when I open the workbook I still see the status bar
indicating that the the workbook is recalculating. Now besides putting
code into the status bar :-) what am I doing wrong? Why is the
workbook still recalculating?
Regards,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The problem is that Excel does the Calculate BEFORE any event such as
Workbook_Open fires.
The only way to prevent the calculate is to make sure Excel is in Manual
calculation mode before the workbook is opened.

Charles
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.3 now available
Name Manager 4.0 now available