Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find Text in Excel File

I am running Windows XP, and Excel 2003. I have a vbscript that passing
through an Excel file in VBscript and looks for objects in AD. What I now
need is a script that passing through one Excel Worksheet, and then looks for
a match in a second worksheet. I am a complete novice. Something that will
compare or find and return true or false would suffice. Can someone direct
me know to go about this. Basically I plan to export AD account into Excel,
and look for matches in the second file. I would prefer a Vbscript solution,
but would appreciate any advice. If there are comparison tools anyone knows
of that would provide which values exist in one file and not the second, this
would be sufficient.

Thanks for any help.
C Emmons
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

C Emmons wrote:
I am running Windows XP, and Excel 2003. I have a vbscript that passing
through an Excel file in VBscript and looks for objects in AD. What I now
need is a script that passing through one Excel Worksheet, and then looks for
a match in a second worksheet. I am a complete novice. Something that will
compare or find and return true or false would suffice. Can someone direct
me know to go about this. Basically I plan to export AD account into Excel,
and look for matches in the second file. I would prefer a Vbscript solution,
but would appreciate any advice. If there are comparison tools anyone knows
of that would provide which values exist in one file and not the second, this
would be sufficient.

Thanks for any help.
C Emmons

I too am looking into a script for comparing two excel files in this
way. I plan to export AD computer accounts into Excel, and export
managed computer information (in the same format) from a 3rd party LAN
management tool. Then i plan to run a script to compare the later 3rd
party spreadsheet to that exported from AD and output the results.
This 'results' spreadsheet will then be used to identifiy old computer
accounts in AD and thus clean i, we expect to have about 300 old
accounts.

I will post back any progress on this but my time will be limited for
the next month as we have some major projects in action.

David Orchard