Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel - Condition statements

I have a worksheet I am referencing with 2 condition statements to retreive a
value in another field on that worksheet. I keep getting the #VALUE error
message. Here is my condition statement. What is wrong with it?
=IF(AND(Database!B:B,A5,Database!A:A,C5),Database! E:E) This is saying go to
the worksheet "Database" and look in column B for the same name that is in A5
on the current worksheet and look in column A for the same value that is in
C5 on the current worksheet and bring me back the value in column E.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Saved from a previous post:

If you want exact matches for just two columns (and return a value from a
third), you could use:

=index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$100,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)
*(b2=othersheet!$b$1:$b$100),0))

(all in one cell)

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can only use the whole column in xl2007.

This returns the value in othersheet column C when column A and B (of
othersheet) match A2 and B2 of the sheet with the formula.

And you can add more conditions by just adding more stuff to that product
portion of the formula:

=index(othersheet!$d$1:$d$100,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$100)
*(b2=othersheet!$b$1:$b$100)
*(c2=othersheet!$c$1:$c$100),0))

=========
So in your case, you could use an array formula like:

=index(database!e1:e999,match(1,(Database!B1:B999= A5)*(Database!A1:A999=C5),0))

(don't forget to array enter it: ctrl-shift-enter)

--

Dave Peterson