Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Validation - Multiple selection.

I have copied Debra Dagliesh's code and it is not working for me. It works
great in her sample so I'm sure that I'm missing something.

I would like to apply it to a list of vendors where the user can select more
than one vendor from the list for entry into this field. I have the list in
a named range and the combo box appears where the selection is to occur. I'm
not able to get it to allow multiple selections.

I'm relatively new to VBA programming so any very basic help would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards
--
Beckster6701
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you change the code? Does it refer to the same columns you're using
in your worksheet?

beckster6701 wrote:
I have copied Debra Dagliesh's code and it is not working for me. It works
great in her sample so I'm sure that I'm missing something.

I would like to apply it to a list of vendors where the user can select more
than one vendor from the list for entry into this field. I have the list in
a named range and the combo box appears where the selection is to occur. I'm
not able to get it to allow multiple selections.

I'm relatively new to VBA programming so any very basic help would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That must be what I'm doing wrong. Just to confirm that the code is to be
modified to reflect the column reference. So if it the data is in column A
it would column 1? Like I said, I'm still very new to VBA so I want to be
sure that I'm getting this right. Thanks for your help.

Becky
--
Beckster6701

beckster6701 wrote:
I have copied Debra Dagliesh's code and it is not working for me. It works
great in her sample so I'm sure that I'm missing something.

I would like to apply it to a list of vendors where the user can select more
than one vendor from the list for entry into this field. I have the list in
a named range and the combo box appears where the selection is to occur. I'm
not able to get it to allow multiple selections.

I'm relatively new to VBA programming so any very basic help would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It depends which technique you're using, but there may be a reference to
the target column, e.g.:

If Target.Column = 3 Then

So, if you're using column A, you're right, you should change the
reference to column 1:

If Target.Column = 1 Then