Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

Default UpdateLink error

When I attempt to use VBA to update all links in my workbook,
everything seems to be working fine and then the following error
occurs:

Run-time error '1004':
Method 'UpdateLink' of object '_Workbook' failed

Here's my code:
Private Sub UpdateLinks_Click()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:=ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

When I look at my data, it appears that most (if not all) of the
links updated properly, but I really have no way to knowing exactly
where in the process the error occurred -- there are ALOT of links!
It may be useful for you to know that the workbook links are in 2
tabs, but linked to approx 25 external workbooks. These external WBs
are located in the same folder and the links are to the same cell
addresses within each WB.

I'm using XL2003 on XP....

Any help is MUCH appreciated!
Ray