Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tp tp is offline

Default updateLink; files with passwords , VBA help!

Hello!
does anybody know how to write code which is able to make a file taking
data from another files which are open-protected with a password?

I use such code:

ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:=ActiveWorkbook.LINKSOURCES

It works but I have to put the password manually .
but my file pulls data from MANY files. So it is not convenient... How to
write the code so that it can automatically use the same password during
connecting to these files? All files are protected with the same password.

thks.
Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Only thing I can think of is to open the file with your code and have your
code supply the password (an argument to the Open method). then run the
code to update links. Then close the workbooks.

Tom Ogilvy
"tp" wrote in message
Hello!
does anybody know how to write code which is able to make a file taking
data from another files which are open-protected with a password?

I use such code:

ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:=ActiveWorkbook.LINKSOURCES

It works but I have to put the password manually .
but my file pulls data from MANY files. So it is not convenient... How

write the code so that it can automatically use the same password during
connecting to these files? All files are protected with the same password.

thks.
Adam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tp tp is offline

Thank you, I'll check how it works...
Adam
Poland

Użytkownik "Tom Ogilvy" napisał w wiadomo¶ci