Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can alert icons be displayed?

I have a UserForm to which I want to add the ability to display the same
alert icons as are displayed with the MsgBox function (Critical, Question,
Information, Exclamation). (The UserForm is working with the exception of
this capability. This implementation approach is being done for consistency,
since both MsgBox and UserForm are used to communicate with the user.)

I assume these four icons are bitmaps, so in the event handler for
userform_activate, I plan to insert this line of code:

Image1.Picture = LoadPicture("C:\complete_path_and_file_name.bmp")

However, I cannot find the bitmap files! I can find constants in the VBA
Object Browser that seem to correspond to the alerts, but I cannot find the
actual bitmap files for the alerts.

Help with finding the location of these bitmap files, or an alternative way
of coding this capability, would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have a look at this:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/m3ad2

It is VB6 code, but it might help you or maybe you can just use the
ActiveX dll in your code.

RBS