Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default icons

does anyone know where i can get my hands on a diverse collection of icons
appropriate for customizing various Excel menus ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

Excel has thousands built-in. Look at John Walkenbach's site
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip67.htm to see how to get the faceids for
your own use.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
does anyone know where i can get my hands on a diverse collection of icons
appropriate for customizing various Excel menus ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John

Try John Walkenbach's site:

This should give you what you want.

Regards

Trevor

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
does anyone know where i can get my hands on a diverse collection of icons
appropriate for customizing various Excel menus ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John

John Walkenbach has two files at his site.

1. Button Faces which can be dragged to a Toolbar.

2. FaceID.XLA which shows the code numbers for Excel buttons. To be used
when creating buttons via code.

Both can be found at this page.

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/developer.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:17:29 -0700, "John A Grandy"
wrote:

does anyone know where i can get my hands on a diverse collection of icons
appropriate for customizing various Excel menus ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is an awesome utility Walkenbach has put together for us !

Making it even better would be a establishing categories for the icons to
speed-up the browsing process ...... perhaps a tree ....

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
John,

Excel has thousands built-in. Look at John Walkenbach's site
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip67.htm to see how to get the faceids

for
your own use.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
does anyone know where i can get my hands on a diverse collection of

icons
appropriate for customizing various Excel menus ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

They are grouped together in a way, the MS categorisation. I think anything
more is unlikely as there is no other data available to make that grouping
by, John's utility just takes them by their index number.

If you load the macro on that page rather than the addin, you can see them
all at once, just needs to scroll.