Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default put data in to another workbook

From template based workbooks, I want to put data in to a master workbook
on server, using before save event.

Is it necessary that I open the master workbook for this?

Thanks in advance

Sharad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can have your code put in linking formulas, then replace those formulas
with the values returned. This is probably the fastest way if you don't
want to open the workbook unless it is a huge amount of data.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sharad" wrote in message
Well I meant that apart from using SQL commands, is there other way to do
it, without opening the master workbook?

"Sharad" wrote in message
From template based workbooks, I want to put data in to a master
workbook on server, using before save event.

Is it necessary that I open the master workbook for this?

Thanks in advance

Sharad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom, thanks for the reposnse.
I couldn't get what "have your code put in linking formulas" means.
Can you please explain?

Regards
Sharad

"Sharad" wrote in message
Well I meant that apart from using SQL commands, is there other way to do
it, without opening the master workbook?

From template based workbooks, I want to put data in to a master