Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sharad Sharad is offline

Default put data in to another workbook

Hi Tom, thanks for the reposnse.
I couldn't get what "have your code put in linking formulas" means.
Can you please explain?

Regards
Sharad

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
You can have your code put in linking formulas, then replace those
formulas with the values returned. This is probably the fastest way if
you don't want to open the workbook unless it is a huge amount of data.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sharad" wrote in message
Well I meant that apart from using SQL commands, is there other way to do
it, without opening the master workbook?

"Sharad" wrote in message
From template based workbooks, I want to put data in to a master
workbook on server, using before save event.

Is it necessary that I open the master workbook for this?

Thanks in advance

Sharad