Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can this be?

A workbook contains two Forms. Each Form has a textbox

From a module if I type the name of a Form and a dot, I get a dropdown
box starting with 'Active Control'.

With one Form I can also see the name of my text box, but NOT the
other.

Why would this be ?

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Hi Kirk-

Maybe the TextBox has been assigned a name other than "TextBox#". Check its
Name property.
--
Jay

"kirkm" wrote:

A workbook contains two Forms. Each Form has a textbox

From a module if I type the name of a Form and a dot, I get a dropdown
box starting with 'Active Control'.

With one Form I can also see the name of my text box, but NOT the
other.

Why would this be ?

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 01:49:00 -0800, Jay
wrote:

Maybe the TextBox has been assigned a name other than "TextBox#". Check its
Name property.

It was really weird, I went into 'view code' for the Form and then to
TextBox1_Change(). Didn't enter anything..
The next time I could see it in the module. Beats me !

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Hi Kirk -

It's possible (and likely) that the cause of your problem was that the
procedure name in the standard module was identical to the form's name. For
example, if the form name is "Invoices" and your procedure starts with "Sub
Invoices ()", then you can expect no dropdown box in response to entering the
'dot' after the term 'Invoices'. A naming conflict like this causes the
behavior you reported.

The fact that VB responded when you were working in the form's code module
is likely because the procudure name "TextBox1_Change" was different from the
form's name.

--
Jay