Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jay Jay is offline

Default How can this be?

Hi Kirk -

It's possible (and likely) that the cause of your problem was that the
procedure name in the standard module was identical to the form's name. For
example, if the form name is "Invoices" and your procedure starts with "Sub
Invoices ()", then you can expect no dropdown box in response to entering the
'dot' after the term 'Invoices'. A naming conflict like this causes the
behavior you reported.

The fact that VB responded when you were working in the form's code module
is likely because the procudure name "TextBox1_Change" was different from the
form's name.

--
Jay

"kirkm" wrote:

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 01:49:00 -0800, Jay
wrote:

Maybe the TextBox has been assigned a name other than "TextBox#". Check its
Name property.

It was really weird, I went into 'view code' for the Form and then to
TextBox1_Change(). Didn't enter anything..
The next time I could see it in the module. Beats me !

Thanks - Kirk