Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Table - got what i need it to do but cant add simple calculations!

Hi there,

I have got a pivot table looking exactly like what I need.....

the only thing is at the bottom of the table after "grand total" I
need some more calulcations to be done with the other totals above
that.

The pivot table totals at every drill down and change in data.

Field5 (All)

Sum of Field2
Field6 Field7 Field1 Total
L D Holding1 1000
Holding2 1001
Holding3 1002
Holding4 1003
D Total 4006 A
E Holding13 1012
Holding14 1013
Holding15 1014
Holding16 1015
Holding17 1016
Holding18 1017
Holding19 1018
Holding5 1004
Holding6 1005
Holding7 1006
Holding8 1007
E Total 11127 B
L Total 15133
S D Holding10 1009 A
Holding11 1010
Holding12 1011
Holding9 1008
D Total 4038
S Total 4038
Grand Total 19171

Gross Developed

The above is my pivot table. I would like to add a row at the very
bottom saying "Gross" then it should add the word "Developed" next to
that take the total for "S", "D" away from "L", "D" (A-A) as above. -
This is a very simple calculation and I did add it manually but
sometimes my data was over written when the table is refreshed and
contains more than previous.

The next row should contain "Emerging" and then take the total for
"S", "E" away from "L", "E". (B-B) as above.

Please someone help as this has been driving me mad. Excel just
writes over my other cells when the pivot table is refreshed. Perhaps
a macro could help?

Thanks

Stuart