Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying Graphs

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have two different links
on my intranet that display many different charts that are updated
monthly when we enter new information for the previous month. These
come up in Excel. I have been recently asked to make a speadsheet,
combining all these charts into one page. Can I create a link somehow
to the charts that are already existing? So that when we bring up the
new excel spreadsheet, it will link directly to these already updated
graphs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Charts link to worksheets (to the data in worksheets), not the other way
around. I'm not sure what the task is that you're describing.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have two different links
on my intranet that display many different charts that are updated
monthly when we enter new information for the previous month. These
come up in Excel. I have been recently asked to make a speadsheet,
combining all these charts into one page. Can I create a link somehow
to the charts that are already existing? So that when we bring up the
new excel spreadsheet, it will link directly to these already updated
graphs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As long as you aren't trying to combine the data into one chart, you can
open the three chart workbooks. Select one chart, click Edit, Copy on the
toolbar and paste it into the new workbook. Repeat for the other two. They
will automatically link to the original workbooks as long as the original
workbooks remain in their linked folders. When the new workbook opens it
will ask if you want to update it.

Regards,

Alan

oups.com...