Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to copy an XL2007 conditional format from one range to another?

I have a cell that has been formatted using XL2007's fancy new conditional
formats (you know data bars, color scales, icon sets, etc) and I want to
copy those conditional formats to another cell in my code. I know this can
be done using Copy and PasteSpecial but this is to blunt an instrument
(i.e., Copy and PasteSpecial will transfer more properties from the source
to the target than I want). All I want is to copy the conditional formats.

It looks like the conditional format lives in the FormatConditions
collection of the range object but I'm not sure how to copy them.

For example, Target.FormatConditions = Source.FormatConditions doesn't work.

I can loop through them:

For Each condition in Source.FormatConditions
' what do I do here? Maybe ...
Target.FormatConditions.Add condition.????
' or maybe?
Target.FormatConditions.AddIconSetCondition condition.???
Next condition

Yikes.

TIA,

josh