Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is it possible with VBA or otherwise to disable the ctrl-scroll zooming in excel?

I can't find a setting in mouse drivers or excel. I understand that it
is an MS Office wide "feature". Woudn't there be a reg edit for this
or something?

If anyone knows about this I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When Application.DataEntryMode is set to True (or xlStrict) zooming (and a
lot more) is disabled. Other than that I don't think it can be done at the
Excel level.

--
Jim
"Finny" wrote in message
oups.com...
|I can't find a setting in mouse drivers or excel. I understand that it
| is an MS Office wide "feature". Woudn't there be a reg edit for this
| or something?
|
| If anyone knows about this I'd appreciate the input.
|
| Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AFAIK, Ctrl+Mouse wheel is a system wide setting for zoom in apps that
support it.

If Jim's suggestion does not solve your issue, then I guess you could
sub-class the Excel app and check for the appropriate messages.
Not for the faint-hearted, but check out this if it is important:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Subcla...thSSubTmr6.htm

NickHK

"Finny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can't find a setting in mouse drivers or excel. I understand that it
is an MS Office wide "feature". Woudn't there be a reg edit for this
or something?

If anyone knows about this I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Feb 27, 9:49 pm, "NickHK" wrote:
AFAIK, Ctrl+Mouse wheel is a system wide setting for zoom in apps that
support it.

If Jim's suggestion does not solve your issue, then I guess you could
sub-class the Excel app and check for the appropriate messages.
Not for the faint-hearted, but check out this if it is important:http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Subcla...thSSubTmr6.htm

NickHK

"Finny" wrote in message

oups.com...

I can't find a setting in mouse drivers or excel. I understand that it
is an MS Office wide "feature". Woudn't there be a reg edit for this
or something?

If anyone knows about this I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks

Thanks Jim but I don't want to disable more than the mouse zooming.
Thanks for the link Nick, I'll check that out, though it does look
daunting.

Gee whiz, I actually thought I would find a setting somewhere in Excel
(I know it is Office wide, but you'd think individual apps could
disable it for themselves.)

I have a user that is annoyed by it b/c when selecting down pages she
uses the scroll wheel (go figure).

ah well, thanks for the replies.