Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default LCase function gives an error

I have an add-in in Excel that calls the LCase function. This add-in works
when I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. It also works if I use Windows XP
and Office 2007. However, when I use Windows Vista and Office 2007 I get the
following error:

"Compile error: Can't find project or library"

Does anyone know why this is happening? If I remove the LCase call then I
get the same error when it gets to the a call to ChrW.

I need to figure this out ASAP so any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Some other library is missing. Go to Tools References in the VBE and check.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"dolsen" wrote in message ...
I have an add-in in Excel that calls the LCase function. This add-in works
when I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. It also works if I use Windows XP
and Office 2007. However, when I use Windows Vista and Office 2007 I get the
following error:

"Compile error: Can't find project or library"

Does anyone know why this is happening? If I remove the LCase call then I
get the same error when it gets to the a call to ChrW.

I need to figure this out ASAP so any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the References window there is one library that says missing:

"MISSING: Msie ActiveX Control module"

I haven't been able to find anything that show me how to fix this. Any ideas?

"dolsen" wrote in message ...
I have an add-in in Excel that calls the LCase function. This add-in works
when I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. It also works if I use Windows XP
and Office 2007. However, when I use Windows Vista and Office 2007 I get the
following error:

"Compile error: Can't find project or library"

Does anyone know why this is happening? If I remove the LCase call then I
get the same error when it gets to the a call to ChrW.

I need to figure this out ASAP so any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

did you save and close the workbook after unchecking it, then when you opened
the workbook back up did you make sure it was gone. After the error did you
then check and make sure you had no other bad references.

If all that fails, you can qualify lcase with vba.lcase, but that
shouldn't be necessary and I would consider it a bandaid when surgery is
necessary.

Tom Ogilvy

"dolsen" wrote in message ...
I have an add-in in Excel that calls the LCase function. This add-in works
when I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. It also works if I use Windows XP
and Office 2007. However, when I use Windows Vista and Office 2007 I get the
following error:

"Compile error: Can't find project or library"

Does anyone know why this is happening? If I remove the LCase call then I
get the same error when it gets to the a call to ChrW.

I need to figure this out ASAP so any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The library showed up again. I went through the steps again and now I am
getting the following "Microsoft Visual Basic" error:

Method 'PasteFace' of object '_CommandBarButton' failed

"dolsen" wrote in message ...
I have an add-in in Excel that calls the LCase function. This add-in works
when I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. It also works if I use Windows XP
and Office 2007. However, when I use Windows Vista and Office 2007 I get the
following error:

"Compile error: Can't find project or library"

Does anyone know why this is happening? If I remove the LCase call then I
get the same error when it gets to the a call to ChrW.

I need to figure this out ASAP so any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, if I do that I get a type mismatch error.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

is commandbars qualified with Application

Application.CommandBars . . .

Tom Ogilvy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How will using application.Commandbars fix an error that is caused when I use
application.Commandbars?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.CommandBars doesn't cause a type mismatch error.

Tom Ogilvy

"dolsen" wrote in message
How will using application.Commandbars fix an error that is caused when I
use
application.Commandbars?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Okay, I see, CommandBars not CommandBar. I am using Application.CommandBars.
I still get the following error:

Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)':
Method 'PasteFace' of object '_CommandBarButton' failed

Any other ideas for me?