Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change Number to Arabic and back

Hi,

I have set my regional settings to English(UK). Is it possible to
change the number format to Arabic(Saudi Arabia) and back to
English(UK) by code?

So that I will run a report using either of the number format.

Thanks

Abdul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Abdul,
Something like this:

Private Sub CommandButton6_Click()

Const NUMFORMAT As String = "#0"

With Range("B9")
If .NumberFormat = "[$-2000401]" & NUMFORMAT Then
.NumberFormat = NUMFORMAT
Else
.NumberFormat = "[$-2000401]" & NUMFORMAT
End If
End With

End Sub

NickHK

"Abdul" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have set my regional settings to English(UK). Is it possible to
change the number format to Arabic(Saudi Arabia) and back to
English(UK) by code?

So that I will run a report using either of the number format.

Thanks

Abdul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Nick

I am looking for a way to change the system Regional settings
temporarily.

I just want to change the Language to Arabic(Saudi Arabia) so that the
number format will also change and then back to English(UK)

By just changing the format in acell is not changing the digits to
Arabic way.

Thanks

Abdul

"Abdul" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have set my regional settings to English(UK). Is it possible to
change the number format to Arabic(Saudi Arabia) and back to
English(UK) by code?

So that I will run a report using either of the number format.

Thanks

Abdul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Abdul,
English Excel 2002 showed Arabic characters with that code, which I assumed
were numerals, but apparently I was wrong.

There is a previous thread in this NG about this, "Modify windows language
using VBA", but still requires user interaction.

NickHK

oups.com...