Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SplashScreen

I have created a splash screen that works almost perfect. I would like Excel
to preform the rest of the macros associated with a button while the splash
screen is showing. right now the splash screen shows up, then when it closes,
excel will complete the rest of its tasks. i think i need to use a DoEvents
code, but have no idea other than that.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the splash screen a userform? If yes, then do this:

UserFormName.Show vbModeless
UserFormName.Repaint
'rest of code

Hth,
Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DoEvents allows the current thread of execution to be temporarilly
interrupted to run a new bit of code based on an event such as clicking a
button. Once the button's code is completed then it returns to the original
thread of execution to be completed. For your splash screen your might want
to try changing your code to do the following...

1. Load the splash screen (I assum it is just a user form?)
2. Run your initialization procedures
3. Unload your splash screen...

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Call UserForm1