Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot table - Hide the Data Sheet

Hi,

I created a pivot table from a data list. I want to show my client
the pivot table, but not the data which i generated the pivot table.
Is there a way to just send him my Pivot table, without letting him to
know what exactly is in the Data list? (like hiding the worksheet so
that he couldnt unhide it?... using a vba?)

Thanks very much.

Elaine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Once you've made a pivot table, the pivot data is stored in a pivot cache in
the workbook. You can completely remove the data sheet, and the pivot table
will be completely functional except for refreshes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"elaine" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I created a pivot table from a data list. I want to show my client
the pivot table, but not the data which i generated the pivot table.
Is there a way to just send him my Pivot table, without letting him to
know what exactly is in the Data list? (like hiding the worksheet so
that he couldnt unhide it?... using a vba?)

Thanks very much.

Elaine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Also, is it able to hide the pivot table field list?

Hi Jon, When I remove the data sheet, all the data in the pivot table
disappear. It didnt work. :(

Ideally I would just want to send the pivot table to the client so
that they can choose from the drop down from the "Drop Page Field" and
nothing else... so I would like to hide everything else.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hey Jon!

Its working perfectly!! Its Miracle! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just remember that your client will be able to double-click on the grand
total cell, and recreate all the source data.

If you want him to have the summary, but don't want him to have the
data, copy the pivot table, and paste it as values in a new workbook.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

oh yes... how do i stop them from retrieving the source data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 12 Mar, 12:08, "elaine" wrote:
oh yes... how do i stop them from retrieving the source data?

got it!!! thanks!!