Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default totalling dates

Hi All,

How could i count the number of identical dates in a column ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Msh.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 23 Feb, 07:00, "manish" wrote:
Hi All,

How could i count the number of identical dates in a column ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Msh.

I do not know exactly what you have on your mind but from what
I understand you'd like to be able to do this:

Precondition: You have a column range in which there are dates.
Say the range is named myRange (= A1:A100 for the sake of
argument). Then you have a range named myDate (=B1).
You want a formula to count the number of occurences of myDate
in myRange.

There are two ways:
1. The countif function.
2. Array formula.

1.) =countif(myRange, myDate)
2.) =sum(if(myRange = myDate, 1, 0)) and you have to press
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

I don't know whether this is what you wanted.

Darek

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Lets say we have a list of dates in column A. In an unused column enter:
=COUNTIF(A:A,A1)
and copy down. This helper column will tell you how many times each date
apears in column A.

You can also use this formula in Conditional formatting.

--
Gary's Student
gsnu200707

"manish" wrote:

Hi All,

How could i count the number of identical dates in a column ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Msh.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"manish" wrote:
Hi All,

How could i count the number of identical dates in a column ?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Msh.

Thanks gary and darlove .. both of you solved my problem . Thanks a
lot.