Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatic Sheet updating

I use Excel as my data source, and do mail merge using MSWord. I currently
have a master sheet which of course holds all the information. I have other
sheets which hold filtered data. Two Questions.

Is there a way using MSWord to select the filtered data from the main sheet
if I use the Data filter and select say USA in the country field. That way I
could eliminate all the other sub sheets, and filter the data using before
the merge. When I try now, I still get all the data from the sheet.

If the answer to the above is NO, then is there away that when I enter new
data into sheet 1 (Master Sheet) that the data will automatically update in
the sub (Filtered) sheets?

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You haven't mentioned which version of Office you are using.
95 / 97 / 2000 / 2002 / 2003 / 2007 ????
I can tell you that 2003 (and probably at least 2002) you filter from Word.
It's possible earlier versions worked in the opposite direction. I wouldn't
put it past Microsoft to make a change like that.

--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.

"Michael Koerner" wrote:

Funny, The Word NG said I should filter through Excel first

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

"Gary Brown" wrote in
message ...
Filter from Word instead of from Excel.

--

"Michael Koerner" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry about that. using Office 2003 SP(2)

--

Regards
Michael Koerner

"Gary Brown" wrote in