Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cut/Paste - More problems

I have a procedure that allows the user to execute the Excel cut/paste
function over selected (unprotected) ranges of cells. I need to do some
€śhousekeeping€ť on the row or rows from which cells are cut. I have been
unable to determine however the number of this row or rows. I can identify
the number of the destination row by using €śrw = Application.ActiveCell.Row€ť.
Any ideas on how to determine the number of the cut/paste €śsource€ť row? Any
suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your procedure could only cancel their right to cut/paste. By default Excel
allows all users the ability to cut/paste.

Housekeeping the area where cells have been cut? You lost me there. If the
cells were cut, there is nothing there to clean up, if they were pasted
somewhere else. Cut removes everything from a cell, value and formatting,
nothing left but "" and default format.

There is no code in the world that could find what area had been cut or
pasted on a worksheet, unless you are tracking with change events in a
thisworkbook module.

Regards,

Alan

"TooSimple" wrote in message
I have a procedure that allows the user to execute the Excel cut/paste
function over selected (unprotected) ranges of cells. I need to do some
"housekeeping" on the row or rows from which cells are cut. I have been
unable to determine however the number of this row or rows. I can
identify
the number of the destination row by using "rw =
Application.ActiveCell.Row".
Any ideas on how to determine the number of the cut/paste "source" row?
Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Alan,

Only a limited number of cells in a row are unprotected and therefore can be
cut. All others are protected. These are the cells that need
"housekeeping'. As I said in my initial query, I CAN determine what the
destination row is but not the original or source row.