Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Paste problems!!!!!!

HI Jim.....

Thanks a real lot!!!!!!! That solved the issue!!!! :) :)
I was not using Pastespecial, though I was using Paste with th
same range as what I had copied.
As u suggested I made the destination range as a single cell & i
works fine!!

I need to use Excel on the server side as my application collect
project metrics & generates reports & charts using the collection
data. I dont call the excel application from my web application as it
not suppported (as u rightly ponted out).
What I do instead is I get the parameters of each job & put it in a
SQL table. This table has an Insert trigger, which in turn calls a
windows application on the server side itself which then performs th
charting & then updates the database.
I use xp_cmdshell to call the windows application.

Thanks a lot
~Ramy

--
ramya
ramyap's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1576

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey, glad it worked out for you, Ramya. Sometimes I get lucky<g.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP