Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Paste Link problems

Hi, I have just migrated from 2000 to 2007 and have since had problems with
my paste link (not sure if it is related to the migration).

I can paste my table from Excel to Word no problem but each time I try to
paste ling it just seems to paste the file path. i.e. (link Excelsheet8
"c\\user etc.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

These are the steps I used and had no trouble:
Selected and copied a range in Excel 2007
In Word 2007 on the Home tab, clicked the Paste launcher (downward arrow on
Paste icon)
Clicked the item 'Paste Special' and, in the resulting dialog, selected
'Microsoft Excel Object'
This gave me a table in Word linked to the range in Excel

Did your procedure differ from mine?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cazzy123" wrote in message
Hi, I have just migrated from 2000 to 2007 and have since had problems
with
my paste link (not sure if it is related to the migration).

I can paste my table from Excel to Word no problem but each time I try to
paste ling it just seems to paste the file path. i.e. (link Excelsheet8
"c\\user etc.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bernard,

I used both this method and also right clicked in word and selected paste
special, the strange thing is that it worked on my husbands laptop but not
mine and we were copying the same table the same way.

Caz

"Cazzy123" wrote in message
Hi, I have just migrated from 2000 to 2007 and have since had problems
with
my paste link (not sure if it is related to the migration).

I can paste my table from Excel to Word no problem but each time I try to
paste ling it just seems to paste the file path. i.e. (link Excelsheet8
"c\\user etc.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is very strange that the same procedure gives different results in two
PCs.
You are specifying Excel Object in Paste Special?
Are both running Office 2007?
--

"Cazzy123" wrote in message
Hi, I have just migrated from 2000 to 2007 and have since had problems
with
my paste link (not sure if it is related to the migration).

I can paste my table from Excel to Word no problem but each time I try
paste ling it just seems to paste the file path. i.e. (link Excelsheet8
"c\\user etc.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, both copying each other identically and both using the same procedure.
The only difference is one is linked to a company network and the other is a
stand alone laptop (not sure if that makes a difference - it shouldn't)