Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default password recovery

I have a protected workbook. I had fixed a password to ensure sheet
functions protection. One of the sheet's password has been changed, is
there anyway I can recover that ? I have tried using available
software, but they are not for free for longer passwords. My password
was all english 11 letters. I am sure, someone used the password,
which I made known to few poeple, and while protecting it again, there
is some slipping here and there.
Can anyone suggest something ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It looks like the website for this is down at the moment but when it comes
follow this link and you are saved.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

" wrote:

I have a protected workbook. I had fixed a password to ensure sheet
functions protection. One of the sheet's password has been changed, is
there anyway I can recover that ? I have tried using available
software, but they are not for free for longer passwords. My password
was all english 11 letters. I am sure, someone used the password,
which I made known to few poeple, and while protecting it again, there
is some slipping here and there.
Can anyone suggest something ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

" wrote:
I have a protected workbook. I had fixed a password to ensure sheet
functions protection. One of the sheet's password has been changed, is
there anyway I can recover that ? I have tried using available
software, but they are not for free for longer passwords. My password
was all english 11 letters. I am sure, someone used the password,
which I made known to few poeple, and while protecting it again, there
is some slipping here and there.
Can anyone suggest something ?- Hide quoted text -

nah, didnt work. It detects the password in AABBXX form and when it
tries to unprotect the sheets, it displays error "password you
supplied is not correct. Verify that Caps lock key is off and be sure
to use proper capitalization". I have tried copying the macro and the
entire .xls sheet as well. Need some help here, coz otherwise, i have
to re-enter millions of records(that too only if I could copy from a
protected sheet functions)