Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default random assignments of workload to set # of people

We have 45 different defined tasks that need to be randomly and evenly
distributed each week to the same 4 people. Can this be done with functions
or do we need to program a solution? Ideas?

Thank you in advance,
Dawn
--
Dawn Bjork Buzbee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

put the names in an equal number of cells in A1 (11 cells each)

list the tasks in B1 to B45

in C1 put in
=rand()
then drag fill down to C45.

Select B1:C45 and sort with C as the key and select no header.

Everytime you need a new distribution, do the sort.

sequentially assign an employee to the 45th task.

Tom Ogilvy

"Dawn Bjork Buzbee" wrote in
message ...