Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open Office Compatibility with Microsoft office

The issue at hand is that I have an excel sheet that is posted on the web for
customers to access and use. The excel sheet contains a validate button that
runs a Macro to validate the format of the data entered. However one of the
customers has the OpenOffice - alleged Excel compatible on his PC and every
time he downloads the spread sheet the sheet comes in design mode therefore
the Macro doesn't run. I tried to exit the design mode but couldn't.

Is there anything I may be able to do in order to put the spreadsheet in
design mode again so he can run the macro or is the OpenOffice incompatible
and the macro would never run? Please advice ...your help is greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

according to this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org