Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default add the addin in the Tools menu of Excel

Hi all
I have developed a ADDIN for excel 2000, now i want to add the addin
in the Tools menu of Excel. How can i do that.
regards
shantanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Click the Tools menu

Click the Addins sub-menu

Click the Browse button

find the addin using the file dialog, and click OK

it should then be installed.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"shantanu" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all
I have developed a ADDIN for excel 2000, now i want to add the addin
in the Tools menu of Excel. How can i do that.
regards
shantanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"shantanu" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi all
I have developed a ADDIN for excel 2000, now i want to add the addin
in the Tools menu of Excel. How can i do that.
regards
shantanu- Hide quoted text -

hi
which file i have to add, as the options are .xla and .xll
where i will find these files
regards
shantanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Only you know that as presumably you installed them?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"shantanu" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 20, 2:02 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Click the Tools menu

Click the Addins sub-menu

Click the Browse button

find the addin using the file dialog, and click OK

it should then be installed.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"shantanu" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi all
I have developed a ADDIN for excel 2000, now i want to add the addin
in the Tools menu of Excel. How can i do that.
regards
shantanu- Hide quoted text -

hi
which file i have to add, as the options are .xla and .xll
where i will find these files
regards
shantanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I was confused too. Now I am found.

Ok I am a beginner so I see this problem from a beginner point of
of view. If you have no addin in the directory nothing will show
and that will confuse a beginner. Correct me if I am wrong
but I think addons have an extension of xla or filename.xla If you do not
have any of the addins in the folder, then nothing will show.

You first need an addon or create one in that folder.
I hope this helps.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Only you know that as presumably you installed them?

--
---
HTH

Bob

oups.com...

"shantanu" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi all
I have developed a ADDIN for excel 2000, now i want to add the addin
in the Tools menu of Excel. How can i do that.
regards
shantanu- Hide quoted text -

hi
which file i have to add, as the options are .xla and .xll
where i will find these files
regards
shantanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are that early in your use of Excel, how do you think you are going
to be able to create an add-in, and why do you think you need one.

If you are downloading an add-in from one of the many sites providing such
extensions, they normally auto-install, or tell you how to install them. Is
this what you did?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Only you know that as presumably you installed them?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

oups.com...

"shantanu" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi all
I have developed a ADDIN for excel 2000, now i want to add the addin
in the Tools menu of Excel. How can i do that.
regards
shantanu- Hide quoted text -

hi
which file i have to add, as the options are .xla and .xll
where i will find these files
regards
shantanu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Only you know that as presumably you installed them?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"shantanu" wrote in message
groups.com...
On Feb 20, 2:02 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Click the Tools menu

Click the Addins sub-menu

Click the Browse button

find the addin using the file dialog, and click OK

it should then be installed.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"shantanu" wrote in message

groups.com...

Hi all
I have developed a ADDIN for excel 2000, now i want to add the addin
in the Tools menu of Excel. How can i do that.
regards
shantanu- Hide quoted text -

hi
which file i have to add, as the options are .xla and .xll
where i will find these files
regards
shantanu- Hide quoted text -

okay fine let me do some rnd