Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default remove name of addin in Tools menu: "Document Project"

Hi, I have a strange problem. I've installed an addin called VBA
Code Documentor 5.0, into Excel 2003. I have in the past gone
into Tools/Addins to either check or uncheck this addin for
availability. I now have 6 entries in the Tools Menu for this
addin, termed "Document Project."

I have searched the entire registry for these duplicate entries,
but not to be found. I did find the Excel options entires, and
there are only the four addins shown as 'Open,' Open1,' etc.

Does anyone have any idea on how to remove these entries, AND how
to prevent them from reappearing (short of not using the Addin at
all)?

TIA,
Kate
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc

These duplicates are in the Tools menu, not in the list of add-ins from
Tools menu Add-Ins? Go to View menu Toolbars Customize..., select the
Tools menu, then drag any unwanted button off the menu.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Kate" wrote in message
Hi, I have a strange problem. I've installed an addin called VBA Code
Documentor 5.0, into Excel 2003. I have in the past gone into
Tools/Addins to either check or uncheck this addin for availability. I
now have 6 entries in the Tools Menu for this addin, termed "Document
Project."

I have searched the entire registry for these duplicate entries, but not
to be found. I did find the Excel options entires, and there are only the
four addins shown as 'Open,' Open1,' etc.

Does anyone have any idea on how to remove these entries, AND how to
prevent them from reappearing (short of not using the Addin at all)?

TIA,
Kate

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Problem solved, at least temporarily. Simply customize the tools
menu
and delete the items! Solution provided by the creator of the
program,
Rob Bovey. Thanks Rob!