Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Capturing conditional Interior Color of cell

Using 2003. I have conditional formatting set on a column of cells
"Current Status". I need to format the color of an adjacent cell
("Trend") based on conditional color of "Current Status" (I cannot use
conditional formatting - reason too long to describe).

The basic interior color for "Current Status" is pastel blue (35).
The "Current Status" conditions will change the interior color to red,
yellow, or green. However, when I cycle thru the rows to capture
"Current Status" color, what I get is the basic interior color (35)
instead of the conditional color - red, yellow, or green.

How can I capture the conditional color?

Glen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have to check the same condition as the conditional formatting formula.
The color imposed by conditional formatting can not be queried directly.

So you have to check the conditions and decide what color the conditionla
formatting would be displaying (or what condition is in effect).

Chip Pearson's page on this:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm

Tom Ogilvy