Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help! Macro to send email from Excel and add other attachments

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to create a button on an Excel worksheet that attaches my active
worksheet to an outlook email. It is ok so far. But what I'm trying to do now
is to allow the user to add other files besides the active worksheet.
I'll try to make it clear. What I want to implement is: the user hits the
button, the browser pops up allowing the selection of a file, after the file
is chosen a dialog box appears asking if the user would like to select
another file and then all these files are attached to the email, along with
the active workbook.

I hope I have made myself clear!

Thank you in advance.

Regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Rafael_SP" wrote in message
Hi everybody!

I'm trying to create a button on an Excel worksheet that attaches my
active
worksheet to an outlook email. It is ok so far. But what I'm trying to do
now
is to allow the user to add other files besides the active worksheet.
I'll try to make it clear. What I want to implement is: the user hits the
button, the browser pops up allowing the selection of a file, after the
file
is chosen a dialog box appears asking if the user would like to select
another file and then all these files are attached to the email, along
with
the active workbook.

Maby this way?

1. Copy active sheets to new workbook: Sheets("Sheet1").Copy
2. Delete button.
3. Save as file to C:\ for example.
4. Active sheet close.
5. Get another attachment by getfile: fileToOpen =
Application.GetOpenFilename("Text Files (*.txt), *.txt")
6. Prepare and send mail with two attachments: attachment.add - saved by
code and choose by filetoopen.

Regards. S!@w.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

You can use one of the examples on my site
http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Then use Display instead of Send in the code so the user can add the files he wat

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Rafael_SP" wrote in message ...
Hi everybody!

I'm trying to create a button on an Excel worksheet that attaches my active
worksheet to an outlook email. It is ok so far. But what I'm trying to do now
is to allow the user to add other files besides the active worksheet.
I'll try to make it clear. What I want to implement is: the user hits the
button, the browser pops up allowing the selection of a file, after the file
is chosen a dialog box appears asking if the user would like to select
another file and then all these files are attached to the email, along with
the active workbook.

I hope I have made myself clear!

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your help!

I think I can figure out a way to do what I'm willing to.
Real nice site, Ron!