Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't run macro as normal user

Hi all

I have this odd problem. One of our users can't run a macro in a Excel XP
spreadsheet. She's getting an Run-time error '1004' Application-defined or
object-defined error. When I log on with my administrative account on the
same Pc the macro runs fine.

What could be the cause of that?

Kind Regards
Henrik
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A '1004' error is essentially meaningless. It is a generic error that means
"something went wrong but I'm not going to tell you what". Any one of
hundreds of things could cause a 1004 error. Post the code in question and
indicate what line of code causes the error.

You don't need to post the entire procedure. Narrow it down to the critical
10 or so lines (with variable declarations) that can be copy/pasted in to
the VBA Editor. Mark which line causes the problem.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Henrik Christiansen" wrote
in message ...
Hi all

I have this odd problem. One of our users can't run a macro in a Excel XP
spreadsheet. She's getting an Run-time error '1004' Application-defined or
object-defined error. When I log on with my administrative account on the
same Pc the macro runs fine.

What could be the cause of that?

Kind Regards
Henrik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Joel

Thanks for the help. I think you are absolutely right,... it is a permission
problem.

Kind Regards
Henrik

"Joel" wrote:

I don't how to solve this problem. It look like the person doesn't have
permission to open a form. It probably an administrator account problem and
not an excel. problem.

Try moving the excel worksheet to a directory that the person has full
priviledges.

"Henrik Christiansen" wrote:

Hi Joel

Hmm.. it does'nt seem like that. When we get the error message I click on
the "debug" button:

The code looks like this:

Sub LaunchMainForm()
Dim objF As frmObjectives

If giNumberOfOpenForms < 0 Then giNumberOfOpenForms = 0

If giNumberOfOpenForms = 0 Then
Set objF = New frmObjectives <- Error on this line, frmObjectives is a
userform
objF.Show False
Set objF = Nothing

/Henrik

"Joel" wrote:

The macro is probably access some files that she doesn't have permission to
access. Open up the visual basic editor under the tools macro window. the
program should stop when it gets to the errror. Move the mouse over the
different variables to see what file name has the problem.