Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open DBF files in XL2007

Hello,
I would like to open a DBF file in XL. In this file, I have some Date fields
in format "AAAMMDD" (ex: 20070215 for today). In XL 97 or 2003, when I open
this file, the date fields are recognize and in the cell the date is in
format (DD/MM/AAAA as it is a french system). But in XL2007, this format is
not recognize and the field is a text one (20070215)
Is there any change in the import filter of the dbf files between XL2003 and
XL2007?
Can I change some parameters in the filters?
Thanks for your help.
Stéphane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

copy the DBF file to a new name so the old file doesn't get changed. the try
saving the DBF file in diffferent formats (access 97 access 2003). I think
when you open the dbf file it will automatically get convertered to 2007.
Access needs to be converted to work witth different versions of office.