Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default XL2007 - Can't open a file that is in use on the network

Excel 2007. I'm having a problem opening a file that is currently opened by
another user on the network. In previous XL versions, you'd get a File in
Use message. The message window would have the options or "Read Only",
"Notify", and "Cancel". However, in XL2007, I just get a message that the
file could not be found.

I've verified this on several files that are in use by another user. Once
the files are closed, I can open them without issue. How can I get the
option to open these files as read-only the way previous versions did?

Thanks in advanced.
Paul