Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LBT LBT is offline

Default Office Web Component

Good day,

I would like to process and grab data from Excel file using ASP.Net. The old
method is to use ActiveX object (create an Excel application object for
processing). However, ActiveX seem having lot of hard time with the new
release of IE.

Heard that there is an object called Office Web Component (OWC) which could
be used to read Excel file without the need to create an ActiveX object. Is
this true?

Could anyone throw me with some web sites explicitly explain the using of
OWC in Excel programming? I just need to perform read data action from Excel
specific cell, unrelevant worksheet deletion to Excel file and save the Excel
file for user reference.

Thanks a lot :p

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LBT LBT is offline

Hi David,

The web site is on how to populate data to Excel. If I would like to take an
Excel file and process it, can I achieve this using OWC?

Thanks

Regards,
LBT

"LBT" wrote:

Good day,

I would like to process and grab data from Excel file using ASP.Net. The old
method is to use ActiveX object (create an Excel application object for
processing). However, ActiveX seem having lot of hard time with the new
release of IE.

Heard that there is an object called Office Web Component (OWC) which could
be used to read Excel file without the need to create an ActiveX object. Is
this true?

Could anyone throw me with some web sites explicitly explain the using of
OWC in Excel programming? I just need to perform read data action from Excel
specific cell, unrelevant worksheet deletion to Excel file and save the Excel
file for user reference.

Thanks a lot :p

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
LBT LBT is offline

Good day,

Can we convert xls files to xml files and perform the processing? How to
convert for a multi sheets workbook?

I wonder whether Microsoft recommends new way to perform the Excel
programming in their effort to block the use of ActiveX object? If there is
not, any place we could off the unneccessary blocking to the ActiveX object
inside the IE?

Thanks.

Regards,
LBT

"²¼Óã" wrote:

owc don't support xls files but xml files

"LBT" дÈëÓʼþ