Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Office Web Component Licensing

I am unclear about licensing of the OWC.

1. Am I licensed use OWC with VB? OWC is available on the PC, installed with Office 2003.
2. Can I distribute the VB application?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555075
Office Web Component (O.W.C.) licensing

http://support.microsoft.com/default...roduct=off2003
Office Web Component (O.W.C.) interactive usage

Note that these above are community solution articles - written by a another
user (MVP Alvin Bruney), so they represent his interpretation of the
licensing.

This article on MSDN has a large number of links to information on the OWC
(towards the bottom). It has a link for licensing for office 2000. It
covers office XP as well, but I didn't see a specific article on licensing.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...sofficedev.asp

these cover licensing specifically, but I don't know if it will address your
specific question about VB. (I couldn't find a 2003 equivalent to the first
two).

288729 - OFFXP: General Information About Licensing and Using Office XP Web
Components

243006 - OFF2000: Licensing the Office 2000 Web Components and Office Server
Extensions

How to Deploy the Office 2003 Web Components in an Office 2003 Program

This article is about use rather than licensing.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/pre...s/default.aspx

Tom Ogilvy