Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to extract data without opening Excel

My XL spreadsheet has multiple pages. I need to be able to extract single
sheets as tab-delimited text withOUT opening excel. Typically this will be
done via command line in a linux env.

I believe this can be done, can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks,

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In case you don't get any better suggestions:

Why not have the data saved as CSV.

Beyond that, I believe there is support for ODBC in Unix

http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic69554.html
see last answer

or search google for ODBC UNIX EXCEL

Tom Ogilvy