Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Excel to extract data from SAP

Has anyone used Excel (via OLE I imagine) to extract data from SAP ?

At this stage am wondering if it is possible (I'm sure it is) and how
complex it is ?

Regards, Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
AFAIK this is not really possible. SAP provides other mechanismn to use for
this (e.g. Function calls in BAPI, etc.)

"Jim" wrote:

Has anyone used Excel (via OLE I imagine) to extract data from SAP ?

At this stage am wondering if it is possible (I'm sure it is) and how
complex it is ?

Regards, Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It depends.. SAP comes in many variants.
IF your company has SAP DB it would be no problem.

Contact the database manager (or your SPA consultant)
and ask!

keepITcool

"Jim" wrote:

Has anyone used Excel (via OLE I imagine) to extract data from SAP ?

At this stage am wondering if it is possible (I'm sure it is) and how
complex it is ?

Regards, Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
SAP could use a variety of databases but IMHO it would not be a good
idea to connect to this database directly as SAP does not ensure an
unchanged database structure through release changes.
To stay release compliant one should always use other mechanism to
transfer data out of SAP (and most companies I know prohibit direct
access to the database)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

?

At this stage am wondering if it is possible (I'm sure it is) and

how
complex it is ?

Regards, Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

We have SAP at work and there is an option to save query results in
xls file

--
duan

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1162