Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Digitally sign an Excel Workbook using VBA?

(Win2003 Server + XL2003)

Hello NG,

With 'selfcert.exe' I can create and export a digital signature to
sign Excel Workbooks and so bypass the macro-warning.
But what is with older macros, which will not run, once I will have
set the macro-security level on «high»? Do I have to open each file,
sign the VBA-project and save the file? Or is there a way to do this
with a VBA procedure? It will be impossible to do this manually,
because there are thousands of files containing macros on our server.
And if I follow the advice of Microsoft, I will create new
certificates from time to time (at least yearly). Will I have to
repeat the procedure of signing, each time I create new certificates?
I have already looked up in the library VBEIDE in which the searched
method could have been, but I didn't found anything similar. Can
anyone help me?

With best regards,

Jeannot