Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Name of a chart series Point

How do I get the name of a chart series Point?
I can not figure the property...
For p = 1 To PointsCount
pn = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(s).Points(p).Label

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

IN other words what property do I ask for to determine the label/name? I want
to omit markers for any data point of year 2006. so If
right(Point_Name,2)="06" then no lines or markers.
"
"Candyman" wrote:

How do I get the name of a chart series Point?
I can not figure the property...
For p = 1 To PointsCount
pn = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(s).Points(p).Label

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you mean the data label?

pn = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(s).Points(p).DataLabe l.Text

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Candyman" wrote:

How do I get the name of a chart series Point?
I can not figure the property...
For p = 1 To PointsCount
pn = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(s).Points(p).Label

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Very close!
I actually saw the response to Thompson as well. I added :
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(s).Points(p).HasDataL abel = True
pn = ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(s).Points(p).DataLabe l.Text
(That got me the data label)
z = WorksheetFunction.Index(ActiveChart.SeriesCollecti on(s).XValues, p)
(This got me the data point title, PERFECT!)
y = WorksheetFunction.Index(ActiveChart.SeriesCollecti on(s).Values, p)

THANKS!