Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Quote Building Question

I have a large inventory Spread sheet with products on different workbook
tabs ie Servers,Desktops,UPS etc. Each line has Qty, Description, ITem Price
and total price. I want to be able to put a quantity value in column A on
certain rows in each tab and have them brought over to a single proposal page.

Any suggestions

--
Mr Roboto
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

well, you could have a summary/proposal page with formulas to
automatically calculate stuff as the quantities are entered,
& then enter it on the summary/proposal sheet.

or you could build a macro that goes through each worksheet
& pulls out the info that has a quantity in it & populate the
summary/proposal page automatically.

i've done the formulas idea before. the macro solution would be,
i think, quite involved with lots of "if's".
susan

On Feb 7, 9:01 am, someguyinIAreally
wrote:
I have a large inventory Spread sheet with products on different workbook
tabs ie Servers,Desktops,UPS etc. Each line has Qty, Description, ITem Price
and total price. I want to be able to put a quantity value in column A on
certain rows in each tab and have them brought over to a single proposal page.

Any suggestions

--
Mr Roboto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wouldn't it just be formulae of

=Servers!A1
=UPS!A1

etc.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"someguyinIAreally" wrote in
message ...
I have a large inventory Spread sheet with products on different workbook
tabs ie Servers,Desktops,UPS etc. Each line has Qty, Description, ITem
Price
and total price. I want to be able to put a quantity value in column A on
certain rows in each tab and have them brought over to a single proposal
page.

Any suggestions

--
Mr Roboto

Building an XLL from C / C++ RapidXLL_NET Excel Programming 0 October 4th 06 10:52 AM
We are looking for a quote log. Mitch Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 April 30th 05 05:22 AM
Building xll No Name Excel Programming 2 February 28th 04 06:25 PM
Typing a quote character Vs pasting a quote character= what happens to the resulting CSV? Interesting!! Tom Ogilvy Excel Programming 0 August 3rd 03 02:53 AM
Typing a quote character Vs pasting a quote character= whathappens to the resulting CSV? Interesting!! Jon Peltier[_3_] Excel Programming 0 August 3rd 03 02:22 AM