Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Splash Screen

Hi,

Could anyone help out witht he following. I'm trying to create a splash
screen (easy enough) but show it for say 5 secs before the first worksheet in
excel actually appears (I dont mind excel opening but I'd like to show the
splash screen before any worksheets are visible.

Is this possible??

Thanks
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The workbook will load and then the macro starts, so you will have to make
the active window non-visible right at the start of the code. The window
will flash up briefly, but best I can think of.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

So, is the question how to show it for 5 secs, or how to make no
worksheets
visible?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Martin Parker" <Martin wrote in
message

Could anyone help out witht he following. I'm trying to create a splash
screen (easy enough) but show it for say 5 secs before the first
worksheet
in
excel actually appears (I dont mind excel opening but I'd like to show
the
splash screen before any worksheets are visible.

Is this possible??

Thanks
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

The problem now is when the workbook opens, nothing is visible, no splash
screen or worksheets. I'm not sure what i've done and cant figure out how to
get back to where i was originally. i typed 'activewindow.visible = false' as
the first routine under workbook open. I've now deleted the code but nothing
appears anymore.

Hope you can help!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

So, is the question how to show it for 5 secs, or how to make no
worksheets
visible?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Martin Parker" <Martin wrote in
message

Could anyone help out witht he following. I'm trying to create a splash
screen (easy enough) but show it for say 5 secs before the first
worksheet
in
excel actually appears (I dont mind excel opening but I'd like to show
the
splash screen before any worksheets are visible.

Is this possible??

Thanks
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You probably saved the workbook when it wasn't visible. Open it in excel,
then go to the VBE and execute code to make it visible. Then save it. (or
go to the window menu and then unhide, select it and click OK)

Tom Ogilvy