Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adding a splash screen to an excel add-in causes double-clicking to not work

I added an extremely simple "splash screen" to my excel
add-in via the following code
Public Auto_Open()
' remove the splash screen 2 seconds from now
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue
("00:00:02"), "HideSplash"

frmSplashScreen.Show

Private Sub HideSplash()
Unload frmSplashScreen

Now when I double click on any workbook (.xls) from the
Windows Explorer, it will not open, all I get is a blank
screen. The add-in has sucessfully loaded, the splash
screen came up and went away after 2 seconds like it was
suppose to.

If I comment out the line of code in the Auto_Open, then
duble-clicking works fine

Any ideas ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike

This is purely a guess, but try going to Tools - Options and uncheck Ignore
Other Applications.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel