Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using macro to copy data from Access to Excel

I am wondering how to make a macro that does the following:

Every day I open my access file, select the query I need, open the query and
copy it, then to open my excel file and paste special values of text into it.
How can I get the macro to select my query and copy it's results.

I can figure out how to get it to open the database and to paste it into
the excel file, but I am having trouble getting it to select the needed query
and copy it. Can anyone tell me how to do this so I don't have to repeat
these steps every day? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...badacexportdao

Hth,
Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

see also
http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"goldcd_2" wrote in message ...
I am wondering how to make a macro that does the following:

Every day I open my access file, select the query I need, open the query and
copy it, then to open my excel file and paste special values of text into it.
How can I get the macro to select my query and copy it's results.

I can figure out how to get it to open the database and to paste it into
the excel file, but I am having trouble getting it to select the needed query
and copy it. Can anyone tell me how to do this so I don't have to repeat
these steps every day? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. Will this also work on a query that I have set up in access? I have
it set up to pull in only the things I want from access this way. It seems to
be the only way I can get the information I am pulling in to work with my
Vlookups in Excel.