Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default problem programming outside the startevent

Hi, Im trying to program outside the startevent that is created when
you open a new excel project in VSTO. My code is:
Excel.Worksheet ws = new Excel.WorksheetClass();
ws = (Excel.WorksheetClass)ThisApplication.ActiveWorkbo ok.ActiveSheet;
Excel.Range r = ws.get_Range(ws.Cells[1,1], ws.Cells[2,2]);
r.MergeCells = true;
When I have some of this code in some method but the startevent, it
fires an exception. It doesn't show any errors when I compile or
anything. someone knows what to do ?